Monday 12 December 2011

Final Edited Images






Today we all met up to create the PowerPoint and to edit the 5 chosen photographs. We managed to create the PowerPoint with no problems, however we stumbled upon a few problems whilst editing the photographs. The computers in the library showed the images up with a much higher contrast on screen than what they should do, so when we edited them and opened them up onto a laptop they didn't look great. We then had a go at editing them on the mac's however also struggled doing so.
So we came to a decision that I should take the 5 images home and edit them myself using photoshop on my laptop, as I had a go the previous day before meeting up today, and the editing and the photographs were showing up fine.
When it came to editing them, I started by using the magic wand tool to select just the model and not the background, then I changed the levels and the curves, that way the model stood out more against the background. I then deselected the model and edited the images as a whole, changing the variations to add darker highlights, shadows and midtones.
The floor in all of the images looked dirty, so I cleaned this up by using the burn tool which got rid of all of the dirty marks. I then also used the burn tool to make the eye-makeup, eyebrows, and lips stand out more.
Another tool which I used was the sharpen tool, as I was able to select which parts of the images I wanted to appear sharper, I made the eyes, all of the jewellery, the shoes, parts of the clothing such as zips and studs and the props sharper. That way they stood out more. As well as using the burn tool I also used the dodge tool to highlight certain areas which I thought needed to stand out more, such as the eyes and parts of the background. I also used this tool on the images which include the red heels as It helped make the heels appear more shiny.
Aswell as having a blog, we also have a facebook group which we created as a way of communicating with eachother to arrange meetings and for all of us to discuss thoughts and ideas. Once I finished editing these images I posted them to the facebook group so each group member was notified about these and was then able to give there say on what they thought about the final edited images and also if any further changes needed to be made.
Every group member liked the final edited images and are happy to submit these tomorrow!
Laura McCann

No comments:

Post a Comment