Tuesday 22 November 2011

Film Analysis

I watched the film over the weekend and I loved it! I think there are many ways which we can interpret it into a photoshoot. Overall I felt the film was quite a dark film, which captured what the east coast was like in the mid 80's. Therefore I think it would be a good idea to maybe show this within our photoshoot. Whilst I was watching the film I made notes analysing what type of clothes and accessories are worn as well as the scenes and other information which could be useful.
  • Desperately Seeking Susan 'ad newspaper section'
  • The magic club
  • Polaroid photographs
  • Madonna Soundtrack
  • Cigarette
  • Red nails 
  • Red lipstick
  • Leather clothing
  • Fishnet tights and gloves
  • Bangles
  • Necklaces (more than one)
  • Dangling cross earrings
  • Sunglasses - wayferers, aviators
  • Gold egyptian earrings
  • Bow/rag in hair
  • Lace clothing
  • Studed leather belt
  • Studded leather boots
  • Sequin Jacket
  • Punk/80's style clothing
  • Green and gold jacket
I particularly like the idea of using the 'Magic Club' as a theme for our photoshoot, as it is one of the main scenes within the film, and so it could represent the film well. I also think there are many ways which we can show this, and it will make the shoot look more interesting.
Have any of you got any further thoughts on this, or on any of the bullet points?
Laura McCann

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the idea of the magic club! It steers the project away from the typical 80s style clothing which we noticed during the film. I will get looking at some of the magician assistant outfits which were used. Hopefully we can find something similar! Sian Morris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would also be a good idea to look at props or imagery in this style, as it doesn't necessarily have to be just the outfits. We could do either. Maybe if we look over the film again and see what the setting is like in the magic club, we could re-create this in our shoot?

    ReplyDelete